21 Feb How To Properly Clean Oak Timber Floorboards
Congratulations. You have chosen, or are on the path to choosing, what we consider to be one of the best flooring options available today, engineered oak floorboards. With their matt finish, wide luxurious size and amazing range of colours, oak flooring is an increasingly desirable timber floor for Australian homes. We have installed engineered oak floorboards over a thousand Melbourne and surround area homes.
Like everything in life, the better your look after them the longer they will last. Timber flooring is no exception. The world of advice on cleaning oak timber floorboards is vast and can be outdated. We have found the below advice may just point you in the right direction for keeping your oak timber floorboards looking just as fantastic as they did when they were first installed.
- Place mats at the entrance and rear of your home. This will help to reduce the amount of dirt etc that may be brought into your house. Also place felt pads under your furniture as this will minimise the chance of scratching your oak floorboards and wearing out the coating over the years.
- Prior to mopping, vacuum your oak timber floorboards on the brush setting to get rid of as much dust, dirt etc without having to waste your time over mopping your floors.
- Invest in a good quality timber flooring cleaning solution. We have used and recommended the Bona Wood Floor cleaning solution for many years now and we, and our clients, have found the below benefits:
- Little residue after application which mean less work for you
- Leaves your floors looking fantastically clean without any streaks
- Nourishes your floorboards to reduce the possibility of your timber floorboards drying out, which is a great benefit when many homes have floor to ceiling windows in many living areas
- Helps maintain the protective coating currently on your oak flooring
- Apply the wood flooring cleaner with an easy to use and effective spray mop. We stock a fantastic all in one, easy to use, spray mop with micro fibre pad that makes applying the wood floor cleaning solution easy and super-efficient. Just add the cleaning solution to the cartridge on the mop and your away. Simply wash the miro fibre pad in your washing machine after use.
We have found regular application of these small easy steps should keep your oak timber floorboards looking stunning over the many years of enjoyment you will have. If you are looking to purchase timber flooring for your home and want advice from a company that has been supplying timber flooring for over 40 years come in and visit us in our large showroom at 312a Bay Rd Cheltenham. We are open 7 days a week.